THINK! - WORDS FOR THOUGHT………
THINK! – WORDS FOR THOUGHT………
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16
We live in a time that much of what we buy claims to be organic, natural, filtered, or purified. It’s a great benefit to our bodies if we can avoid taking in unwanted minerals, chemicals, and toxins.
It would be amazing if we could filter all of our actions, words, and deeds, having them always come out of us and enter the world pure.
Although none are perfect, except Christ Jesus, we can improve our actions, words, and deeds…if we filter them through the Word of God to ensure we are not willingly allowing sin to contaminate us.
I thought, at one time, that it was enough if I scrutinized what was acceptable by determining that it was not illegal, immoral, or unethical. I thought that if whatever it was passed the test then it was either acceptable or al least up for consideration.
However, I have discovered, hopefully by gained godly wisdom, that there are many things that are not illegal, immoral, or unethical by the world’s standards but, when scrutinized through God’s Word, it is completely unacceptable.
God’s word is very clear and specifies the many that things are sinful and should be avoided.
We must diligently seek wisdom, according to God’s Word and walk according to His truth.
Follow God’s truth not the worldly crowd. If you walk in the shadow of the Idol “Everyone else is doing it” that is not a gage of if it is righteous before God. You cannot get into heaven by following what other Christians are doing; it required that you have come into a personal relationship with Christ Jesus on your own. So, if you do what everyone else is doing, and what they are doing is sinful or an abomination to God, then by your own sin, you are following them straight to Hell.
Come on people…THINK!
God gives wisdom liberally to those that ask, but it takes effort on the part of the receiver.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:5 KJV
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 AKJV
Here are just a few scriptures to use as guidelines in many situations that may provoke you to ask yourself the tough questions that need to asked. Scripture will always point out sin, revealing acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
John 17:17 says, Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
God has something to say about everything. If there are specific issues or sins that you have questions about then look them up in the Bible and thoroughly study what God instructs.
THINK – Question everything and seek God’s answer……
GOD LOVES YOU !!!
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before , as I have also told you in time past , that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:19-26 KJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 KJV
16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would .
18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Galatians 5:16-18 KJV
9. (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10. Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:9-11 KJV
13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
John 17:13-19 KJV
JESUS CAME TO SAVE YOU!!!
16. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
18. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
John 3:16-21 AKJV
GOD LOVES YOU!!!