SEARCHING FOR YOUR PEACE
SEARCHING FOR YOUR PEACE
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 KJV
Do you live your life anxious for one reason or another? Do you feel like you have no control over anything in your life and that you are simply plummeting from disaster to disaster?
Perhaps it is a difficult relationship or a stressful job that keeps our anxiety level set to full throttle. Sometimes we feel anxious so often that we feel lost without the familiar emotion. We can not allow satan to steal our peace. (John 10:10 AKJV)
We must actively seek our peace. We must not purposely cause strife, not actively stir up trouble, not nag, pick, or goad anyone into reacting in an ungodly manner. All which will steal our peace. 1 Peter 3:10-11 KJV warns us…. (10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: (11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
There is good news; we can live our lives faith to faith, instead of crisis to crisis. God will give us His peace so that we can keep our peace. If we place our troubles in God’s hands and live by faith, knowing that He will handle them, we are free to live in peace and be anxious for nothing.
If this is an area you struggle with and you find that you lay down anxiety only to rush back and pick it up, there is an answer. Pray that God increase your faith until unbelief and doubt are no longer options. That is what the father did in Mark 9:24 KJV “And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.”
Life seems to hand us an abundance of opportunities to be stressed, anxious, and upset. If we want victory over these joy killing emotions we must seek our strength in Christ. It is unrealistic to attempt to successfully remove all sources of stress or anxiety from life, so we must have a defense stronger than the cause of our troubles.
Jesus Christ is our defense. The LORD will fight for us. We are to remain in His peace, and to hold our peace while He fights our battles.
We must make the choice to “seek” God’s peace. John 14:27 Jesus tells us that He has given us His peace. Jesus has given us His peace so that we are not to be troubled or afraid. The devil can not take our peace unless we freely give it over to him.
When we feel our faith begin to slip, quoting scriptures of faith, salvation, victory, and His protection can strengthen us. Scripture will remind us we are possessors of God’s peace and that He already has the victory.
Jesus is your peace!
GOD LOVES YOU !!!
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth , give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled , neither let it be afraid John 14:27 KJV
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace . Exodus 14:14 KJV
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written , The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. Psalm 34:14 AKJV
(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 1 Peter 3:10 KJV
And straightway the father of the child cried out , and said with tears, Lord, I believe ; help thou mine unbelief Mark 9:24 AKJV
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove ; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20 KJV
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass . Psalm 37:7 KJV
The thief cometh not, but for to steal , and to kill , and to destroy : I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10 KJV
Psalm 21: 1-14 KJV
(1) The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear ? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid ?
(2) When the wicked , even mine enemies and my foes , came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell .
(3) Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear : though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident .
(4) One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beautyb of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
(5) For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
(6) And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;c I will sing , yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
(7) Hear , O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
(8) When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek .
(9) Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
(10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up .
(11) Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plaind path, because of mine enemies.
(12) Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
(13) I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
(14) Wait on the LORD: be of good courage , and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait , I say, on the LORD.
Remember if you are touched by these inspiring and encouraging posts in someway, it is greatly appreciated if you would LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT as it helps to spread the word of God and inspire and encourage others.